1. Key Knowledge and Understanding
UDL Teacher Practices
Introduce new concepts and CS Big Ideas by anchoring them to previously-taught content and everyday examples. Utilize accessible materials, provide different access points, make learning goals clear, regularly check for understanding, and encourage collaboration and self-management.
Teacher Practices Checklist
- Use vocabulary in service of understanding rather than teaching content in isolation.
- Introduce new concepts by anchoring them to previously-taught content and everyday examples, highlighting possible misconceptions.
- Introduce content with different access points.
- Make learning goals clear to students and
- Utilize accessible materials.
CRP Teacher Practices
Facilitate students’ development of personalized connections with the content based on lived experiences, backgrounds and interests.